News & Policies
Small-scale taxpayers are exempt from VAT since 1st.Apr.2021
In accordance with the "Announcement of the Ministry of Finance and the State Administration of Taxation on Clarifying the VAT Exemption Policy for Small-scale VAT Taxpayers" (No. 11 of 2021), the relevant collection and management issues are hereby announced as follows:
1. Small-scale taxpayers who engage in VAT taxable sales and whose total monthly sales do not exceed 150,000 yuan (with one quarter as a tax period, quarterly sales do not exceed 450,000 yuan, the same below) are exempted VAT is levied.
2. Small-scale taxpayers who apply the VAT difference taxation policy shall determine whether they can enjoy the VAT exemption policy stipulated in this Announcement based on the sales amount after the difference.
3. Small-scale taxpayers who pay taxes for a fixed period can choose to pay one month or one quarter as the tax period. Once selected, it cannot be changed within one fiscal year.
4. Other individuals referred to in Article 9 of the "Implementation Rules for the Provisional Regulations on Value-Added Tax of the People’s Republic of China", the rental income obtained by renting out real estate in the form of a lump-sum rental can be equally apportioned during the corresponding lease period, and the monthly rent after apportionment is apportioned Those whose income does not exceed 150,000 yuan are exempt from value-added tax.
5. Small-scale taxpayers who are required to pay value-added tax in advance according to current regulations do not need to pay tax in advance if the monthly sales realized in the place of the advance payment does not exceed 150,000 yuan.
6. Units and individual industrial and commercial households among small-scale taxpayers who sell real estate shall determine whether to pre-pay VAT according to their tax period, Article 5 of this Announcement and other current policies and regulations; other individuals selling real estate shall continue to be exempted in accordance with current regulations VAT.
7. Small-scale taxpayers who have issued VAT invoices using special tax control equipment such as golden tax trays and tax control trays, and whose monthly sales do not exceed 150,000 yuan, can continue to use their existing equipment to issue invoices, or they can voluntarily issue tax invoices. The agency renews tax Ukey for free for issuing invoices.
8. This announcement shall come into effect on April 1, 2021. The Announcement of the State Administration of Taxation on Issues Concerning the Collection and Administration of the VAT Exemption Policy for Small-scale Taxpayers (No. 4 of 2019) shall be repealed at the same time.
State Administration of Taxation