News & Policies
Shanghai Government to Promote the Development of E-Commerce and Express Logistics Service
Shanghai Government will promote the “E-COMMERCE + LOGISTICS SERVICES” and to take out the detailed policies as follows since March 1 2019.
AC finds some of the main points as follows.
• Set up the international air express hub in Yangtze area.
• Ensure that the use of land by warehousing, distribution, delivery and other express logistics-related services meets the overall land use plan and is included in urban and rural planning.
• In terms of the use of the existing housing and land resources in stock to develop facilities for e-commerce and express logistics service, provided that the original approved user and planning conditions of the land in question are unchanged, allow the original purpose and rights of such land to remain the same for five years, and then allow the adoption of an agreement if it is necessary to complete the relevant procedures for the continued use of the land after the expiry of the five-year period.
• Innovate the approaches for management of public service facilities, make clear the public nature of those smart parcel delivery boxes and integrated service sites on the final delivery end, and provide supporting policies such as ensuring the supply of land for the use by service outlets that provide professional, platform-based, integrated express delivery services to the public.
• Encourage express logistics companies to adopt applicable advanced technologies and equipment to improve the levels of automation and specialization of express logistics equipment.
• Promote the development of e-commerce parks and express logistics parks in Qingpu district and Pudong Zhuqiao International Modern Express Delivery and Logistics Park to create industrial agglomeration effects and to raise the radiating power of the regional economy.
• Encourage warehousing, express delivery and third-party technical service companies to develop smart warehousing and extend their service chains, and e-commerce companies to optimize their supply chain management.
• Formulate and implement standards for green packaging and reduced pac